- Provides a grade of lysine called USP which is the quality used in clinical nutrition products
- Lysine is an essential amino acid and is therefore one of the eight amino acids that our bodies cannot make
- Used by the body in the formation of collagen, the most abundant protein in the body
- 2-3g a day of lysine is required
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Lysine is an essential amino acid and is therefore one of the eight amino acids that our bodies cannot make, so we are completely reliant on our diets to provide sufficient lysine. It is used by the body in a number of ways and, particularly in the formation of collagen, the most abundant protein in the body.
We require 2-3g a day of lysine and it is most abundant in animal based foodstuffs such as meat. Vegetables and vegetable proteins are not particularly high in lysine, and so some experts believe that vegetarian and vegan diets may provide rather low levels of lysine.
Daily Intake: 1- 2 tablets
See presentation section for ingredients listed in bold. The following list of allergens are excluded: Wheat, Barley, Soya, Eggs, Milk (and milk products), Lactose, Nuts, Sulphites and Gluten containing ingredients.
This product is not recommended for children or pregnant or lactating women.
To be stored in a cool dry place and protected from light.
Each tablet delivers:
L-Lysine Hydrochloride, DiCalcium Phosphate, Cellulose, Crosslinked Cellulose Gum, Anti-caking Agents (Silicon Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Stearic Acid), Tablet Coating (Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Glycerine).
Less than 1 hour.
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
It is preferable to take amino acids with fruit juice or water rather than milk.
An Amino Acid is best taken 1/2 hour before any meal or at bedtime.