Folic Acid 400µg
- Folic acid is especially important in foetal development with the Department of Health advising that all women planning a pregnancy should take a supplement of 400µg daily
- Currently 47% of women fail to consume the RNI of 200µg/day, which is why supplementation is recommended
- Small easy-to-swallow tablets
- Providing 400µg of folic acid per tablet
- Up to 3 times the level supplied by many people's diets, and the level that is increasingly recommended
Folic acid is a water soluble vitamin which the body cannot store for long. Good food sources include green vegetables and whole grains. However cooking and storage can deplete the levels in food and currently 47% of women fail to consume the NRV of 200µg/day, which is why supplementation is recommended. Bioavailability studies indicate that folic acid supplements are well absorbed and are a reliable way to guard against dietary deficiencies.
This product provides 400µg of folic acid which is up to 3 times the level supplied by many people's diets, and the level that is increasingly recommended.
See presentation section for ingredients listed in bold. The following list of allergens are excluded: Wheat, Barley, Soya, Eggs, Milk (and milk products), Lactose, Nuts, Sulphites, Celery, Fish, Shellfish, Yeast and Gluten containing ingredients.
A large intake of folic acid may mask the signs and symptoms of Vitamin B12 deficiency (Pernicious Anaemia).
To be stored in a cool dry place and protected from light.
Each tablet delivers:
DiCalcium Phosphate, Cellulose, Silicon Dioxide, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Stearate.
Less than 1 hour.
Suitable for vegetarians.