Evening Primrose Oil with Starflower Oil 1000mg
- Combines evening primrose oil with starflower (borage) seed oil to give a blend that is richer in Gamma-Linolenic acid (GLA) than straight evening primrose oill
- Provides approximately 30% more GLA per capsule than similar sized evening primrose capsules
- Guaranteed level of 120mg of GLA per capsule
- Each capsule provides the NRV of vitamin E
- Often recommended to, women going through menopause, at the time of their period, or anyone wishing to keep their skin in good condition
- Suitable for vegetarians
GLA is the precursor of a particularly important prostaglandin called PGE1, which takes part in regulating the nervous, cardiovascular and reproductive systems, skin condition and other biological functions. Whilst the body can make GLA from linoleic acid (the Omega 6 fatty acid present in vegetable oils) this conversion is sometimes slow or partially blocked. Hence, a dietary source of GLA can be very useful to the body in by-passing the conversion process, and numerous clinical trials have established that GLA supplements can be effective in a number of situations.
This product provides approximately 50% more GLA per capsule than the similar sized evening primrose capsules, and each capsule also provides the NRV of vitamin E
This product can be recommended to:
- women going through the menopause
- women at the time of their period
- anyone wishing to keep their skin in good condition
See presentation section for ingredients listed in bold. The following list of allergens are excluded: Wheat, Barley, Soya, Eggs, Milk (and milk products), Lactose, Nuts, Sulphites, Celery, Fish, Shellfish, Yeast and Gluten containing ingredients.
Evening Primrose Oil should only be given to Epileptics (temporal lobe) under medical supervision.
To be stored in a cool dry place and protected from light.
Each capsule delivers:
|Evening Primrose Oil with Starflower oil||1000mg|
|providing: Gamma-Linolenic Acid (GLA)||120mg|
Capsule Shell (Modified Starch, Glycerol, Gelling Agent: Carrageenan).
Less than 30 minutes.
Suitable for vegetarians.