Betaine HCl 324mg /Pepsin 5mg
- Currently Out Of Stock until 3rd November 2020
- Provides additional acidity to the stomach
- Betaine HCL releases hydrochloric acid after swallowing, the same acid that is produced naturally by the stomach
- These tablets are designed to dissolve in the stomach where the acidity is required
- As we age our natural production of hydrochloric acid can decline, but its importance for the breakdown of food in the gut remains unchanged
- Please read the cautions
As we age our natural production of hydrochloric acid can decline, but its importance for the breakdown of food in the gut remains unchanged. Hydrochloric acid has several different functions; for example it sterilises the ingested food and activates a powerful enzyme called pepsin that breaks down protein, as well as allowing vitamin B12 to be extracted from foodstuffs.
Daily intake: 1 to 3 tablets. Read the Cautions.
See presentation section for ingredients listed in bold. The following list of allergens are excluded: Wheat, Barley, Soya, Eggs, Milk (and milk products), Lactose, Nuts, Sulphites and Gluten containing ingredients.
This product is not recommended for children or pregnant or lactating women.
DO NOT TAKE IF PEPTIC ULCERS ARE PRESENT OR SUSPECTED.
To be stored in a cool dry place and protected from light.
Each tablet delivers:
Cellulose, DiCalcium Phosphate, Tablet Coating: (Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Glycerin), Magnesium Stearate, Stearic Acid, Silicon Dioxide.
Less than 30 minutes.
Swallow the tablets whole.